How To Keep Mice Away From Your Vestavia Residence
December 15, 2022
Rodents are some of the most persistent pests when it comes to invading homes, especially in the winter. These warm-blooded pests need the shelter and warmth that our homes provide, so it’s important to take pest control in Vestavia seriously. At Farmers Pest Control, we offer everything you may need, from routine inspections and preventative services to the thorough elimination of any mice that may already be there.
Sure Signs Of A Mouse Infestation In Your Home
While it’s better to get a head start on pest control before they’ve gotten inside your home, you also need to know the telltale signs of a mouse infestation in your home. Here are some of the main signs to watch out for:
- Odor: Mice don’t have good manners, so they don’t pick up after themselves. Their droppings and musty nesting smells can permeate your home and be one of the main signs of a pest infestation.
- Damage: Like all rodents, mice have front teeth that never stop growing. To keep them filed down, rodents chew on hard surfaces and items, leaving large scratches in household woods or furnishings.
- Noises: When mice get inside our walls or scrabble around our attics, their tiny claws can make pretty distinctive noises – a sure sign that rodents have taken up residence in your home.
These signs of mice in your Vestavia home are also reasons why you shouldn’t wait to get started on proper pest control. Contact Farmers Pest Control to learn more today.
Why Having Mice In Your Home Is Such A Health Risk
When dealing with house mice, you’re not just dealing with a nuisance – you’re dealing with a potential health hazard. The biggest reason to keep pests out of your Vestavia home is to avoid these larger consequences of an infestation:
- Disease: Rodents are known to carry a wide range of diseases, from salmonella to the hantavirus.
- Parasites: Rodents can also carry parasites like ticks and fleas, which can then get transferred to feeding off the people and pets inside your home.
- Other Pests: The presence of one kind of pest in your home can often attract others, which is why it’s important to stop the cycle of infestation before it can start.
Contact Farmers Pest Control today to protect your home from these serious side effects of mice.
Factors That Attract Mice To Your Home
Not only do you need to know how to spot mice themselves, but you also need to know how to spot the factors that attract them to your home in the first place. Here are some of the main causes of pest infestations in Vestavia:
- Food: Mice are scavengers, constantly foraging around for food scraps to sustain them. As such, crumbs or poorly stored food items can be one of the main attractants of rodents.
- Moisture: Pests also need water to survive, which is why they tend to be found in the dark, damp places of our homes. Areas like basements or garages can be especially problematic.
- Warmth: Even though winters tend to be mild in Alabama, temperatures can still drop, especially at night, and make your home a lot more attractive to invasive pests.
Pest control experts don’t just help you deal with pests. We can also give you tips on how to address the factors that might put your home at risk.
The Best Way To Get Mice Out Of Your House For Good
Hopefully, we’ve demonstrated why it’s important to get an early start on rodent control. Instead of waiting for mice to be a problem before you worry about them, let the helpful experts at Farmers Pest Control inspect and treat your home right away. Plus, only professional methods are guaranteed to be both safe and effective at getting rid of mice, saving you money in the long run. Contact us by phone or online to schedule your home pest control service today.