Total Termite Treatments For Helena Homeowners
You make a big investment in your family and your future when you purchase a home. Therefore, it is always wise to protect your investment against potential threats. For homeowners in Helena, termites are one of the largest threats you may encounter. Widely known for causing billions of dollars in damage to homes across the United States every year, termites are small pests that work diligently within your house, eating away at the structural wood on your property. Known as "silent invaders," these damaging pests can be difficult to uncover on your own. It is always in your best interest to reach out to a local termite inspection and treatment specialist at the first sign of termite damage.
Fortunately, the pest management specialists at Farmers Pest Control are here to help! Our termite control services are highly effective at eliminating Formosan and subterranean termites from your home. We have served pest control in Helena, Hoover, Vestavia, and many Alabama service areas since 2009. Because we are a local, family-owned-and-operated pest control company, we are well aware of our community's different pest problems. We'd love to help your family become pest-free! Call today to learn more about our expert home pest control and commercial pest control services.
Our Helena, AL Termite Treatment Service
At Farmers Pest Control, each termite treatment service begins with a thorough inspection. Termites are small pests with a big appetite for wood. These pests can be incredibly difficult to detect with the untrained eye. Once we arrive, we will inspect the interior and exterior of your home for evidence of past and present termite activity. Our team has the training needed to identify signs of termites and will look for visible symptoms of termite activity throughout your house, including:
- Damage under paint or wallpaper.
- Discarded wings from termite swarmers.
- Mud tubes along the foundation of your home.
- Termite droppings.
In addition, we will also identify conducive conditions that allow termites to live and feed in your home. We install bait stations in the soil around the perimeter and continue monitoring annually. When we find an area of termite activity, we will focus heavily on that location to treat active termite colonies.
VA WIR Reports
Because we are veteran-owned, we understand what you need when it comes to buying a house. We provide VA-approved NPMA-33 forms for purchasing or refinancing a property in Helena. We provide a complete inspection and prepare the proper report necessary for your home. You can learn more about this separate termite service by visiting our real estate inspection service page.
Do you offer pre-construction termite treatments?
At Farmers Pest Control, we believe pre-construction treatments to be an outdated service with old technology. That's why we provide post-construction treatments that offer greater long-term results. If you are building a home, you can trust that our post-construction will protect your property for good. Call now to learn more!
Professional Termite Prevention Techniques
Because termites can be so difficult to detect and effectively treat, most experts agree that preventing an infestation from occurring in the first place is the most reliable way to control termites. Here are several simple yet effective measures for termite prevention to ensure these wood-destroying pests remain out of your home or business:
- Eliminate areas of soil-to-wood contact. Termite problems often occur when wood components of the building are in direct contact with soil. Soil-to-wood contact grants termites easy access to food, moisture, and shelter, as well as direct, hidden entry into your building. Eliminating wooden structures around your property that are in direct contact with the earth is a great place to start when it comes to preventing a termite infestation.
- Reduce excess moisture on your property. Leaky pipes, improper drainage, and poor airflow all contribute to excess moisture that will attract termites. Dampwood and subterranean termites, in particular, thrive in humid environments; while dampwood termites merely prefer water-damaged wood, subterranean termites are unable to live unless surrounded by enough moisture. Make sure to appropriately address any moisture concerns in your home to eliminate one condition that draws termites.
- Seal any cracks or gaps in your structure with waterproof caulking. Termites can utilize even the tiniest cracks and crevices to gain entry into your home. A professional can identify these potential entryways and help devise an exclusion plan to keep termites and other pests from getting in.
You Can Count On Us To Get The Job Done!
Farmers Pest Control provides local, approachable, and friendly pest solutions for local homeowners and many commercial spaces throughout Helena and the surrounding areas. Our services also include a pest-free guarantee; if you see pests between visits, we will return and re-treat them at no additional cost. Contact Farmers Pest Control to schedule your service today.